This is an attempt to curate and maintain a list of British Columbia (BC) based blockchain resources. This is currently Metro Vancouver-centric.
Public link to the calendar is embedded in the BC Blockchain Ecosystem site https://www.blockchainbc.ca/events/
- powered by a TeamUp Calendar, initially sponsored / setup by @boris at Finhaven, managed by @Chisel and the blockchainyvr volunteer team
- direct public link to add to the calendar https://teamup.com/ksbwbageze8vf1ejkb
- leave a comment if you want your own organizational sub-calendar
- TO DO: have these instructions available at blockchainyvr.club
Blockchain for Product Developers aka blockchainYVR
Developer focused group that meets monthly with speakers on technical topics.
Community commons with physical space in Downtown Vancouver on Pender Street.
Company / People Directory
The information in the directory is publicly embedded and available on the Blockchain Ecosystem of BC website https://www.blockchainbc.ca/ecosystem/
- powered by Airtable, originally created by @boris at Finhaven, and many other community members have access to edits and updates
- everyone is welcome to add their company https://www.blockchainbc.ca/add-your-company
- TO DO: also embed in BlockchainYVR with process for granting access to native Airtable database
- TO DO: Creative Commons licensing made official
Blockchain Ecosystem of BC
Non profit society. Grew out of Blockchain @ UBC to be a wider umbrella organization. Focused on research and industry + academic collaboration. Heavily involved with MITACS and government research funding.
Blockchain @ UBC
BC Blockchain Forum
BC Securities Commission
- Hyder Zach Masum https://www.linkedin.com/in/hyder-zach-masum-88b5516/
Selected Companies & People
- Adrian Jonklaas (COO)
- Anthony Nicalo (CRO)
- DH Kim (CEO)
- Tom Carchrae (CTO)
- Olivia Lovenmark (Director of Marketing)
- Chris Jensen (CEO)
- John Lyotier (COO)
- Melissa Quinn (Corporate Development Manager)
- Dana Harvey (Chief Communications Officer)
- Brianna MacNeill (Product Manager, Blockchain)
Main product: Etherparty, automated smart contract builder:
- Kevin Hobbs (Co-Founder and CEO)
- Lisa Cheng (Co-Founder)
Main Product - Cryptokitties
TO DO: Probably should focus on just linking to / expanding the Airtable directory so it can be a central place for this? What is the goal of “selected” companies?
October 2013: World’s first bitcoin ATM opens in Vancouver
TO DO: more history! Probably DCTRL, maybe Lost & Found Cafe, Bestie, others accepting Bitcoin