All The Best Recipes

Potato Salad and Pulled Pork in the Park

Pulled pork is very high in the delicious to easy-ness ratio. I had a pork butt that came in my last order from Bruce & Clarke, added Monsoon Coast BBQ Rub all over it, and put it in the slow cooker on high for 5 hours.

Cooking it at 300F in the oven on an aluminum foil wrapped tray is the other way to do it which gets you a hard bark on the outside.

The slow cooker version is easier, also much wetter and fattier.

You should be able to pull apart the meat with a couple of forks right in slow cooker. I added salt, a couple of Tbsp of dijon mustard, and a Tbsp or so of apple cider vinegar.

I portioned the pulled pork into various containers and froze a lot of it — tacos, pasta, potatoes, rice, at breakfast with some scrambled eggs — your pulled pork can go with anything :wink:

This is pretty much my regular German-style potato salad, which means no mayo, and often some bacon. Without meat, it’s actually vegan :wink:

In this case, I’m still working my way through a guanciale from Legends Haul. I cut a couple of slices of guanciale into small cubes and put it in a pan in the oven until crispy and the fat had rendered out.

This is just 1 potato, since Bruce & Clarke sent me 5 lbs of potatoes in the form of… 5 potatoes! They are a tasty yellow flesh potato which I like for my potato salad.

A bunch of radishes, cut into fine cubes, and 1.5 large dill pickles finely cubed.

1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley.

Dressing is 1-2 Tbsp of Dijon mustard, 1-2 Tbsp of pickle juice, 1 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 Tbsp of guanciale fat, and juice from 1 fresh lemon. Salt and pepper to taste.

Also in that picture are some roasted radishes. Even done in some guanciale fat and sprinkled with koji salt, they’re just OK.

And pickled beets from the other day.